I may be a little late to the party but personally, I'm feeling like my 2014 scheme fest has just begun, and I'm super excited about all the possibilities.
I've been spending a good deal of time playing with ideas and dreams~ looking back and releasing, looking forward and brainstorming. It's been a bit yo yo-ish, but in a pleasant and rhythmic way rather than a spastic one.
Since I really like crazily scribbling my schemes onto paper, preferably in rainbow colors, and often accompanied by pictures, I've been having a fantastic time playing in my 2014 Amazing Life Planner. I also did a wall spread of 2014 calendar pages, and am starting to sticky note in dates and details.
There's just something about writing stuff down that seems to make things more likely to happen. It's crazy. For example, one thing I put on the list of things I'd like to do in 2014 was to get a disco ball. They're shiny and fun, and I've wanted one to spruce up my chicken coop for years.
Well, a day or so after I wrote it down, not one, but two came into my life. They weren't anything that had graced the ceiling of a swanky night club, but rather 2 small Christmas tree ornaments that I knew needed to be liberated from a future of being attacked by a friend's cat. (I left a note explaining that I took them, and was pretty sure the friend would be OK with it. They were. Plus, they had like 20 more, so it's not like there was a shortage.)
Neither disco ball is going to go in to the hen house because I decided I really would rather demolish that coop and get a new one, and for now, I'd rather they spread the shiny light around my bedroom and my car. Or, I may wear them as earrings at some point, I'm not sure.
Yes, my disco balls are little and silly, but the point for me, was that it happened~ not in the way I might have envisioned, but nevertheless, I got what I hoped for, and more even! And I'm noticing that this kind of thing seems to happen in lots of ways, and in things much bigger than tiny sparkly decorations.
Setting intentions, then being open to the way things unfold without getting hung up on an exact details can lead to some amazing positive results.
* Choose Love Not Fear~ This is big and hard for me, but WOW, what a difference it makes.
* Get back on to my 50 States Adventure with my kids! We took a whole lotta fun journeys in 2013, but we didn't add any new states. It's getting harder since we live in the vast west and the states are really BIG, not to mention full of cool stuff. Still, we're back on it this year. East Coast, here we come!
* Get a new bike and Ride It! Not to get caught up in details, but what if I could find one with a banana seat?!? I'm just sayin....
* Lose the Scarcity Mentality. Seriously, there's not just enough, there's plenty. For everyone.
* Sleep in a yurt. And a Covered Wagon!
* Learn about permaculture
* Explore tidepools
* Go to New York City
* Have a bonfire party
* Find a new waterfall
The list goes on and on and on. Big Stuff, Little Stuff and all sorts of in between stuff. How will I do it all? I have no friggen idea, and maybe I won't do it all, but I betcha I'll do a good deal of it, and in any case, I had a heck of a lotta fun dreaming it all up.
Happy Dreaming & Scheming to you!